Ok, I’ll admit it.
I’m not sure about what I need to do with AG. The first bit seems a lot better now that I’ve taken the knife to it, and I thank all of you that have given me advice on this so far.
I’m not quite ready to do the full re-write path, as I know that this demotivates me to the point of writing like a tool. But I think that the help I need has to come from somewhere else.
I spoke to some contacts in the publishing industry and got a “it’s ok, but you need help” kind of reply.
So I think I’ll be pushing my manuscript to a professional appraisal. It’ll cost some coin but hopefully you’ll all benefit from the process. My artist has told me it will be at least a week before I can even see some concept art for the cover, so I have time.
For those of you that have read the initial draft, I think that you will be surprised at the changes. I really feel that the story is much tighter now and a lot more things make sense. I found a huge whack of errors in there that were an inevitable outcome of the stop/start writing process, and also some new ideas that I had somehow believed were in the script from the very start. So I feel like I’ve gotten as far as I can get…
Anyway, the process continues..